The tarot is a deck of playing cards that have been used in various regions of Europe since at least the mid-15th century to play games, including Italian tarocchini, French tarot, and Austrian Königrufen, all of which are still played today. In addition, some tarot decks began to be utilised for divination via tarot reading and cartomancy in the late 18th century, leading to the formation of specialised cards for such occult purposes.
In the same way, as ordinary playing cards have four suits, Tarot has four suits that stem from several sources. Each suite has 14 cards: ten pip cards ranked one to ten & 4 face cards. For example, in divinatory circles, the Major Arcana is a 22-card portion of the tarot deck that comprises a distinct 21-card royal suit and a single card known as the Fool. The Fool might be used as the top trump or to avoid following suit, depending on the game. These tarot cards are still used to play classical card games with no supernatural undertones throughout most of Europe.
What Are the Functions of Tarot Cards?
Some may dismiss Tarot cards as nothing more than ink on paper. But to be honest, Tarot is the tale of our lives, the mirror of our soul, and the gateway to our inner self.
The eighty Tarot cards contain every spiritual lesson we encounter in our life. When we consult the Tarot, we’ll be taught the specific lessons we need to study and master in order to live a life of inspiration. It’s like looking in the mirror and gaining access to your subconscious mind. Tarot allows us to access the wisdom and answers that reside within each of us.
Benefits of Tarot for Mental Health
Using tarot cards for psychological and emotional assistance and healing has various advantages.
It elevates self-care to soul-care.
People have looked to organised religion for decades to find meaning in their lives and courage in difficult times. When people are nervous or depressed, it can be an indication that their soul needs to be nurtured. Tarot has a strong connection to the soul. It’s an excellent vortex for accessing the subconscious and collective unconscious minds, as well as determining what’s going on beneath the surface.
It can be used in conjunction with therapy.
You are not forced to pick between seeing a psychologist, taking medicine, and tarot card reading online. Many believe that tarot is an important part of a comprehensive approach to mental wellness. Tarot isn’t a one-size-fits-all solution for mental health, but it is important in our mental healthcare routine.
Cards that are connected with the mental health issues
- The reversed moon: Fear, anxiety and depression are general mental health disorders that have yet to be examined or treated. It is recommended to speak with a skilled expert (maybe a hypnotherapist) to reveal some of these deep-seated fears.
- Nine of Swords: Anxiety and despair brought on by a lot of negative self-talk. It can also indicate insomnia caused by tension and anxiety, as well as the constant mind chatter about how everything is wrong.
- Devil: Addiction and improper attachment are the devils. Addiction can be a physical ‘thing,’ like drugs, alcohol, sex, or a condition, such as abusive relationships or monetary gain.
- Five of Pentacles: Anxiety as a result of a loss of employment or financial difficulties. This card can also represent feelings of isolation and unsupported, as well as a refusal to accept help.
- Reversed Temperance: A probable sign of a chemical imbalance, which could lead to bipolar disorder or other mental health difficulties linked to the chemical balance of the body and brain.
- Reversed Nine of Wands: Feelings of paranoia and as if the world is conspiring against you. If the Nine of Swords is present, your client may hear voices that contribute to their paranoia.
- Reversed Star: An overall sense of hopelessness and a loss of faith that can lead to depression, sadness, and anxiety.
So, suppose you want to know more about tarot readings and about your mental health. In that case, it is advised to take a tarot card reading online, and Astroyogi is your one-stop solution for online astrology consultation. Here you will find the world’s best professional tarot card reader to choose from and have Your readings from.