It’s no secret that parenting is a full-time job. So, how do you balance parenting with studying for an online nursing degree? It can be done, but as with anything in life, it is important to put a game plan in place to ensure that the studying/parenting balance goes as smoothly as possible.
The first thing to remember is to ensure that you are studying a recognized qualification such as the University of Indianapolis online nursing degree. A reputable online university can provide a tried and tested curriculum, which in itself makes the studying process more straightforward.
Once you are ready to begin studying, there are a number of steps that can be taken to ensure that you will still be able to spend ‘fun time’ parenting as well as your other obligations.
- Set realistic expectations for yourself. You’re not going to be able to do everything, and that’s okay.
- Create a support system. Whether it’s your partner, family, or friends, make sure you have people you can rely on to help you out when things get tough.
- Get organized. Having a clear plan of action will help you stay on track and minimize stress, so try and create a schedule and stick to it as much as possible. This will help you to know when you have time for studying and when you can spend time with your family. If your schedule changes from week to week, make sure to communicate this with your family so they can be prepared.
- Make time for yourself. It’s important to take care of yourself both physically and mentally. If you’re feeling overwhelmed, take a break and do something that makes you happy.
- Seek out resources. If you need help, reach out to your online university, and ask for advice.
- Learn from your mistakes. If you make a mistake or don’t like how something turned out, that doesn’t mean it’s the end of the world. Try again until you get it right!
- Make sure that you enjoy a balanced diet as opposed to fast food and chocolate in order to keep up your energy levels.
- Be kind to yourself! Everyone makes mistakes, including you.
You can do it!
There is no getting away from the fact that combining parenting with studying for a nursing degree will be hard work, but step back for one minute and think about why you are doing it.
You are prepared for the hard work because once you have qualified, you will be giving your children a better life and working in a job that you love.
There will be times when you are tired but think about how you feel when reading about individuals in a similar position to you who have achieved their goals while raising a family at the same time.
You probably feel inspired, and that is exactly how your children will feel when they learn of the sacrifices and hard work that you went through to achieve your goals.
What a wonderful lesson for them to learn and one that will serve them for the rest of their lives.