Many giant corporations now run part or all of their software infrastructures in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud, and many more companies migrate to AWS every day. Earning an AWS certification can be a wise investment if you’re looking for a new IT job, or a unique role in your existing firm, or want to continue to progress in your present position.
Global Knowledge’s Top-Paying IT Certifications for 2020 shows that the average income of a cloud-certified IT expert is $141,863. With two of the top fifteen highest-paying certifications in North America, the AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate earns an average income of almost $149,000. AWS certified staff are highly sought after by companies, and they understand what it incomes to retain them.
As a result of work-at-home responsibilities or other unfavorable conditions, many people spend more time at home. It’s an opportunity to make the most of these situations. If feasible, use this time at home to develop new skills that will enhance your resume through the best AWS course online and certification.
Steps to become AWS certified
AWS offers a variety of certification levels. A certification will help you demonstrate your talents to potential employers and clients if you work with Amazon Web Services. In addition, you’ll be able to demonstrate the most in-demand skills, which Amazon has confirmed.
With a steady supply of new, enhanced services as well as geographical and financial development, AWS is likely to continue to be in high demand for a very long time to come. AWS offers 11 distinct certifications at this time. There are no defined steps in earning these credentials. However, there are a few simple actions you may take to prepare for AWS certification:
- A training class is the first step. It will allow you to gain a thorough understanding of AWS and cloud computing, as well as practical experience.
- You should collect all the examinations and study materials to find and go through them one by one.
- As much as possible, put your skills into practice. It will help ease your anxiety if you are worried about the certification exam.
- Once you feel that you are prepared for the exam, schedule it.
- Please choose the correct certification exam based on your skills, qualifications, and experience before you sit for it! The AWS certificates are divided into four tiers, as follows:
Top requirements to meet for various AWS certification levels
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner – Foundational Certification: It is the newest certification offered by AWS. It is a beginner’s level certification.
- This position requires a basic understanding of IT services and solutions and their implementation in the AWS platform.
- Minimum of six months of job experience in the AWS cloud in sales, management, purchasing, technical, or financial roles
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate: The AWS SysOps Administrator certification exam is the only test exclusively for system administrators. The candidate should have conceptual and technical knowledge of AWS to pass this test.
- One or more years experience in operating and managing applications deployed on the Amazon Web Services platform.
- You must provide advice regarding how to deploy and manage applications on AWS. You must also design and identify the AWS best practices for the project’s lifetime and the solutions for applications based on AWS.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional: To design and deploy AWS-based applications, a skilled AWS architect must first evaluate the organization’s needs and then make architectural recommendations to meet those needs. The candidate must have the expertise and technical abilities required to design applications on the AWS platform to qualify for this AWS certification.
- 2+ years of expertise developing and executing AWS-based cloud architectures is required for this position
- Ability to recommend services that you can use to build, provision, and deploy AWS-based applications
- Get familiar with the implementation practices for AWS applications.
- High-level programming language expertise
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional: With this certification, you’ll be able to deploy, maintain, and manage AWS-based applications with confidence. The test focuses on the DevOps movement’s core concepts, including automation of procedures and continuous delivery.
- 2 or 3 years more work experience in deploying, administering, and operating applications deployed in the AWS environment
- Extensive experience in developing code in a high-level programming language
- Test automation and programming languages and other development techniques like Agile are essential skills for this position.
- AWS Certified Advanced Networking – Specialty: It will validate the hybrid IT networking architecture and the AWS platform to accomplish complicated networking activities through this certification. To pass this test, you must have expertise in implementing and architecting network solutions, as well as knowledge of AWS’s networking capabilities.
- With a minimum of five years of work experience in network architecture and implementation
- Should know and understand AWS networking ideas and technology.
- AWS Certified Machine Learning Specialty: Your skills in building, implementing, and maintaining machine learning solutions for distinct business challenges will be validated in this certification test.
- Working knowledge of AWS cloud computing topics, including machine learning and deep learning, of at least 1 to 2 years.
- Strong background in data science and development
AWS Services has become a prominent participant in the Internet infrastructure market. It means you’ll be able to beat out the competition for the top job possibilities. Having a clear understanding of the AWS eligibility requirements will help you choose the proper AWS certification for you.
Gear up for AWS exams – Today and in the future
As a result, the AWS platform has always been a hub of innovation—and a place where changes are regular and sometimes rapid. AWS mandates that a new feature or service be in general availability (GA) for at least six months before being included in an exam. AWS certification helps learners gain credibility and confidence by confirming their cloud skills with an industry-recognized credential. Enterprises discover experienced employees to drive cloud operations using AWS.